Current Job Openings
My Growing Place Newborn/Infant Teacher
My Growing Place, a child-care ministry of First United Methodist Church, is seeking a qualified and passionate teacher dedicated to early childhood learning and care for our newborn/infant classroom. Qualified candidates will be CPR certified or willing to seek certification.
When you join the MGP Team as a Teacher you will:
- Create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn.
- Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to provide the best care for their children.
- Support MGP’s success; partner with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment and accreditation.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, and community contacts.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A love for Christ, a love for children, and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Ability to build professional relationships with families and coworkers to create a dynamic environment where play and learning occurs.
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively.
- CPR certified or willingness to obtain.
- Must meet state-specific guidelines for the role.
- Must be physically able to use a computer with basic proficiency, lift a minimum of 40 pounds, and work indoors and outdoors.Must be able to assume postures in low levels to allow physical and visual contact with children, see and hear well enough to keep children safe, and engage in physical activity with children.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Experience preferred
First United Methodist Church in Lufkin is now hiring a part-time nursery worker. The purpose of a nursery worker is to provide an environment where a child learns about God and parents feel that their child is respected, loved, and well cared for.
Must be willing to work Wednesday evenings, Sunday mornings, and whenever the nursery is provided for church events. If interested, email to inquire with our Nursery Director, Jaclyn Hults.
The organist/pianist is skilled in music, including performance and interpretation. He or she has good sight-reading skills and a growing Christian faith.
•Provide organ and organ accompaniment for the 8:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. worship services. Accompaniment includes hymns, songs, anthems, instrumentals, preludes, and postludes.
•Provide organ/piano accompaniment during Holy Week (Good Friday), Christmas ( Christmas Eve Services), and occasional combined services.
•Provide accompaniment during choir rehearsals.
•If possible provide music for weddings and funerals.
•Able to play and appreciate a wide range of musical styles, including
Christian classics and contemporary hymns.
•Regularly communicate with the Director of Worship Arts regarding
all worship services.
•Be a member of the Worship Committee.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to Dr. Ernest Boamah at .
Lufkin, TX 75901-4829